stars and stripes frozen yogurt cake
prep time: 30 minutes + freezing time
makes: 28 servings, 1 slice each
- 2 pkg (1.5 qt. each) fat free vanilla frozen yogurt
- 4 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 50 fresh blueberries
- 2 qt. strawberries, halved or 2 pints raspberries
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- With scissors, cut cartons from frozen yogurt. Arrange frozen yogurt on its side, then cut each into 4 lengthwise slices.
- In 12x9" baking dish, arrange 4 frozen yogurt slices, pressing to form an even layer. Top with sliced strawberries, then remaining 4 frozen yogurt slices, pressing to form another even layer. Cover and freeze 5 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, top with whipped cream, smoothing with spatula. Arrange berries in flag pattern, with blueberries in upper left corner and 7 stripes of strawberries or raspberries.
- If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 130 calories, 1.5g fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 19g sugars, 4g protein