steak and egg scrable
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 2 servings, 10½ oz. each
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon chopped onions
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon skim milk
- 1/4 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Heat medium skillet on medium high heat. Add oil, onions and potatoes to pan. Add paprika and salt and pepper to taste and cook for 5 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine eggs and milk in small bowl and beat well. Add steak, Worcestershire sauce and mushrooms to pan and cook for 3–6 minutes or until steak is done to your liking.
- Drain any excess fat from pan and add eggs. Scramble together for 3 to 4 minutes until eggs are fully cooked. Top with cheese and serve.
per serving: 220 calories, 12g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 1g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 0g sugar, 31g protein