steak and potato skewers
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 skewer each
- 16 baby red potatoes
- 1½ lbs. sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 sweet onion (such as Vidalia), chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red, yellow or green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup spiced or herbed marinade
- Ground black pepper, to taste
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Place potatoes in a microwave; cook on HIGH 2–3 minutes or until fork-tender. Set aside; let cool.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F–400°F). Alternately thread potatoes, steak, onion and bell pepper on long skewers.* Brush with some of the marinade, and season with pepper to taste.
- Grill skewers 12 minutes or to desired doneness (145°F for medium-rare), basting with marinade and turning occasionally. Transfer to a platter, and serve.
- *If using wooden skewers, soak at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.
per serving: 490 calories, 10g fat, 3g saturated fat, 105mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 8g sugars, 44g protein