steak and shrimp fajitas
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 40 minutes
ready in: 55 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1 fajita each
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, cut 1 to 1¼" thick
- 12 oz. large peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 12 sprigs cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 red and or green sweet peppers, seeded and halved
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Place steak, shrimp and cilantro in a large plastic bag with seal. Combine lime juice, oil, fajita seasoning and salt. Pour over meat and shrimp. Seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 4–12 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium. Discard marinade and cilantro. Grill steak for 6–8 minutes per side. Add peppers to the grill and cook for 8–10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, thread shrimp onto three 15" skewers. Grill shrimp for 6–8 minutes or until opaque, turning once.
- Thinly slice steak and peppers. Remove shrimp from skewers. Serve beef, peppers and shrimp with warm tortillas.
per serving: 370 calories, 14g fat, 4g saturated fat, 110mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 26g protein