steak with pineapple salsa
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2 cups each
- 2 cups peeled, cored and chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
- 1/3 cup mild green picante sauce or green taco sauce
- 12 oz. boneless sirloin steak
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican seasoning or chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups packaged torn mixed salad greens
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- For pineapple salsa, in a medium bowl gently stir together pineapple, mandarin oranges, sweet pepper and picante sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Trim fat from steak. Thinly slice steak across the grain (meat will be easier to slice if it is partially frozen).
- Sprinkle steak pieces with seasoning; toss to coat evenly.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir half of the seasoned steak in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 - 3 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining steak.
- Arrange salad greens on plates. Top with steak and pineapple salsa.
per serving: 300 calories, 16g fat, 5g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 18g protein