strawberry, blueberry and cucumber salad
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 0 minutes
ready in: 15 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2 cups each
- 6 cups lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled and sliced ¼-in thick
- 1/2 cup light sour cream or low fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoon sliced green onion or chives
- Ground black pepper to taste
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Divide lettuce onto 4 plates and top with strawberries and blueberries.
- Using a star cookie cutter or a knife, cut star shapes out of cucumber slices, add stars to the salads and reserve the trimmings for the dressing.
- In a blender, combine the cucumber trimmings, sour cream and green onion. Blend until smooth and serve over salad.
- Sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
Per Serving: 90 calories, 3g fat, 2g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 6g sugars, 2g protein