prep time: 20 minutes cook time: 25 minutes ready in: 45 minutes makes 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 lb rhubarb stalks
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add oil and stir with a fork until mixture forms crumbs. Set aside.
- Slice rhubarb into 1/2-inch slices and place in a medium saucepan with 1 tablespoon water. Cook over medium heat just until the rhubarb begins to soften and remove from heat.
- Combine granulated sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg and add to rhubarb. Gently mix in strawberries.
- Pour mixture into a 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with crumbs. Set baking dish on a cookie sheet to catch drips and bake for 25 minutes until bubbly.