strawberry salsa sundaes
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 0 minutes
ready in: 15 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon finely diced jalapeño*
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup sugar-free strawberry preserves
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 cups fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sliced almonds, divided
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- For the salsa, in a large bowl combine strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, jalapeño and lime zest. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl combine strawberry preserves and lime juice. Microwave on HIGH 20–30 seconds or until melted. Drizzle over fruit; toss to coat.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the frozen yogurt into each of 6 dessert bowls. Top each with 1/2 cup of the salsa, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the almonds, and serve.
*Use caution when handling hot peppers. Wear disposable gloves or wash hands in hot, soapy water afterward.
If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free.
Per serving: 195 calories, 1g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 36g sugars, 7g protein