strawberry spinach salad with cocoa vinaigrette
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2 cups each
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup red onion slices
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together cocoa, honey and vinegar until well blended. Whisk in oil until well blended. Cover and refrigerate up to 48 hours before serving.
- Arrange spinach on plates, top with strawberries, onions and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette before serving. Season with black pepper to taste.
per serving: 120 calories, 8g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 7g sugars, 2g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.