summer ice cream sundae with lemon curd and berries
prep time: 20 minutes + chill time
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 1 hour, 30 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 sundae each
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 4 ½ cups vanilla ice cream
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- For the lemon curd, in a small bowl, whisk together, eggs, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and butter.
- Pour into a sauce pan and heat on low, stirring continuously, until mixture coats the back of a spoon and just reaches the point of a simmer. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Once lemon curd has chilled, in a small bowl, mix berries with remaining sugar. Allow to sit a few minutes for sugar to dissolve.
- Place ¾ Cup of ice cream into each dish and top with 1 tablespoon of the lemon curd* (you will not use all of the lemon curd)
- Top each sundae with ½ cup of sugared berries.
*You can purchase pre-made lemon curd
Per serving: 310 calories, 15g fat, 9g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 37g protein, 5g protein