sweet and sour shrimp kabobs
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 8 minutes
ready in: 23 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2 kabobs each
- 8 large green onions
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 24 shrimp)
- 2 thick slices fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup sweet and sour sauce
- Additional sweet and sour sauce
- 8 (12-inch) skewers *
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F– 400°F). Cut lower third of each onion into two 1½-inch pieces (for a total of 16 pieces). (Reserve remaining portion of onions for other uses.)
- Alternately thread bell peppers, shrimp, pineapple and onions onto skewers. Grill skewers 4 minutes per side or until shrimp turn pink, basting with sweet and sour sauce throughout.
- Transfer skewers to a platter, and serve with additional sweet and sour sauce.
- *If using wooden skewers, soak at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.
per serving: 180 calories, 2g fat, 0g saturated fat, 130mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 12g sugars, 18g protein