sweet buffalo shrimp
prep time: 25 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 45 minutes
makes: 18 servings, 2 pieces each
- vegetable cooking spray
- 36 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray a large baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine the brown sugar, onion, garlic, cider vinegar, water, ketchup and Worcestershire in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture over the shrimp, stirring to combine.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until cooked through. Serve warm or chilled.
- For spicy alternative: Stir in 2 teaspoon of red chili sauce and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne into sauce.
Tip: Chicken wings or drumettes can be substituted for shrimp.
per serving: 30 calories, 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 5g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 3g protein