- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cut kernels from corn and use a spoon to push out as much milk from cob as possible. Add corn kernels, corn milk, and 2 tablespoons evaporated milk to blender and liquefy at a high speed until smooth.
- In a bowl pitcher, combine remaining evaporated milk, sugar, corn puree and egg and whisk well, until smooth.
- Place 4 (7–8 oz.) Creme brûlée ramekins into a large, oven proof roasting pan. Divide mixture into ramekins and place pan onto center rack of oven. Carefully pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until custard is completely set and slightly browned around edges.
- Once set, carefully remove pan from oven and remove ramekins from the pan. Cool to room temperature. Cover ramekins with plastic wrap and poke a hole in the wrap to prevent condensation. Refrigerate custard for at least 3 hours or overnight, until entirely chilled.
- Allow custard to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar. Using a grill lighter or kitchen torch*, with a constantly moving motion, brown the sugar on top of each ramekin. Once browned evenly on top, serve immediately.
per serving (using egg substitute): 220 calories, 6g fat, 4g saturated fat, 25mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 26g sugars, 12g protein