prep time: 25 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 11 oz. each
- 3 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 ¼ teaspoons paprika, divided
- 3/4 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 3 Roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 Tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- Diced avocado (optional)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For the tortilla chips, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Coat wedges with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the paprika. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp; let cool.
- In a large nonstick skillet cook beef over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and remaining 1 teaspoon paprika; mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup water. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until water has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Place lettuce on 4 plates; top with beef, tomatoes, onion and tortilla chips. Top with salsa, yogurt and (if desired) avocado, and serve.
Per serving: 170 calories, 4g fat, 2g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 5g sugars, 17g protein