thai grilled skirt steak
prep time: 10 minutes + marinate time
cook time: 6 minutes
ready in: 16 minutes + marinate time
makes: 6 servings, 4 oz. each
- 2 lbs. skirt steak
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 Tablespoon peeled, grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a shallow baking dish whisk together brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, red curry paste, ginger and garlic. Add steak; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F–400°F). Grill 3–4 minutes per side for medium-rare (145°F) or to desired doneness. Transfer steak to a cutting board. Let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak against the grain, and serve.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with grilled vegetables and rice
per serving: 250 calories, 14g fat, 5g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, 30g protein