thanksgiving leftovers soups
prep time: 35 minutes
cook time: 35 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 10 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cut green beans
- 3/4 cup sweet corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 cup instant wild rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 Tablespoons premade stuffing (optional; don't use if making recipe gluten-free)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, carrots and onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and pepper and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- Add green beans, corn and rice and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until the rice is tender, about 7 minutes
- Stir in turkey, sour cream and parsley and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes more.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of stuffing (optional).
per serving: 230 calories, 8g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 30g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 4g sugars, 13g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.