tortilla salsa casserole
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 40 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 14 ounces each
- 4 flour tortillas, 8 or 10 inch, cut into strips
- 1 lb chicken or pork, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can (15 oz.) creamed corn
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) cream of chicken soup (reduced fat can be substituted)
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican mixed cheese (light or reduced fat can be substituted)
- black olives for garnish, if desired
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix together tortillas, chicken or pork, corn, soup and salsa. Stir well.
- Pour into a 2 qt baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake for 35–40 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Garnish with black olives if desired.
per serving: 480 calories, 16g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 1620mg sodium, 48g carbohydrates, 4g dietary fiber, 39g protein