turkey salad sandwiches
prep time: 20 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8 oz. each
- 2 cups turkey, cubed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup red apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat rolls or 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 large lettuce leaves
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, celery, apple and scallions.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, parsley and pepper and gently mix to distribute dressing evenly.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Spoon turkey salad onto rolls or bread and top with lettuce leaves.
per serving: 320 calories, 9g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 35g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 27g protein