prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen soup vegetables*
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and Italian seasoning and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, and tomato paste to pot and bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables and simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper as desired and serve.
- *You may use any frozen veggies, such as carrots, corn, green beans, peas, potatoes and lima beans.
per serving: 120 calories, 2g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 5g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.